District 3 February Message for Club Officers
Greetings club officers and welcome to February 2022! This is a great time to focus on goal achievement. This District 3 February message is especially for our club officers. We hope the information provided will help you and your clubs achieve your goals for a successful year.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR DISTRICT COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Candidates Showcase Saturday, May 14, 2022 – 10am to 12pm (LIVE, details forthcoming)
- District Council Meeting Tuesday, May 17, 2022 – 5 pm to 7 pm (details forthcoming) https://aztoastmasters.org/
WINTER TOASTMASTERS LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE (TLI)
- Register for your preferred session
- Email BOTH D3 PQD and either the D6 or D25 PQD for approval to join a session; this allows both districts to validate and confirm attendance for officer credit. Emails are:
- TLI: District 3 – PQD@aztoastmasters.org
- District 6 – Linda.Dorn@d6tm.org
- District 25 – MarchetaGardner@
SEMI-ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS REMINDER
- Clubs that have 75% of members renewed by March 10, 2022 will be eligible for a $50 gift pack from the Incentives List.
- Clubs that have 100% of members renewed by March 17, 2022 will be eligible for a $100 gift pack from the Incentives List.
View ALL incentive details at https://aztoastmasters.org/
Rise Up to Club Events
Schedule and conduct your club special events before June 1, 2022. Be eligible to win a Toastmasters prize for your club and grow your membership. Clubs meeting weekly; June 1 is approaching, so plan for your 6 events now. For details, go to https://aztoastmasters.org/
Rise Up to Member Promise
From July 1 to June 1, 2022 every new member you sponsor will receive a new member pin.
Send new member applications with sponsor filled out to email@example.com. *
Rise Up to Membership + DCP goals = Distinguished Clubs
Club events and sponsoring new members help to grow your club’s membership. Membership matched up with Distinguished Club Program goals (minimum of 5) brings your club to Distinguished status. Check out the Hit the DCP Tipping Point campaign in the February 7 Newsletter.
Outstanding Club Member Award. Recognize a member who has gone above and beyond!
Honor a member’s service by selecting them to be your club’s Outstanding Club Member of the Year 2021-2022. Each year Outstanding Club Members are recognized at Conference with a pin. Find the easy-to-use online nomination form at: https://aztoastmasters.org/
Distinguished Toastmasters and members who have completed Level 4 or 5 in Pathways, we need your expertise to help clubs with their special events. Contact DJ Reed if you would like to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Coach Roundtable – 2nd Wednesdays from 8 pm to 9 pm (MST)
A roundtable discussion for club coaches, members who want to become club coaches, and members of clubs struggling with membership seeking help. Learn about best practices and ideas for helping each other. Go to District 3 Events Calendar https://aztoastmasters.org/
Speech Contest Judges and Functionaries
- Judge Volunteer Form [https://forms.gle/5r5QQS25pJ7
- Functionary Volunteer Form [https://forms.gle/EpUU9yiERVz
Tucson Book Festival March 12 – 13, 2022
Volunteers are needed for March 12 and 13 to help for a couple of hours at the District 3 booth on the University of Arizona campus in Tucson. Contact: Nancy Duckett, Public Relations Manager at email@example.com.
Note to club officers: please also read the Feb 7 News for All Members as the information is not duplicated here in the District 3 February Message for club officers. This newsletter provides you with information for your role and club.
Your 2021-2022 District Leadership Trio
District Director David Hopper, DTM
Program Quality Director Karen Hewitt, DTM
Club Growth Director DJ Reed, DTM