2021-2022 SPEECH CONTEST SEASON TABLE TOPICS and INTERNATIONAL
Dear Club Officers of District 3,
Are you ready for a contest? It’s contest season and we could not be more excited! Contests are an excellent way for member to learn and grow in speaking and leadership! We highly encourage all club members to participate in contests in some way.
As officers we are asking for your help leading the engagement!
Please consider hosting a contest or sending representatives, encouraging volunteers and
attending Area/Division Contests!
Register for and promote your Area & Division Speech Contest
Let’s cheer on the contestants and learn from others!!
Host a club contest OR nominate representatives
Clubs can choose to host a contest OR nominate representatives to represent them in the Area Contest!
Table Topics Contestant Eligibility
Did you know any paid member in a club in good standing in the area is eligible to participate in Table Topics, regardless of education level or time in the club?
International Contestant Eligibility
To be eligible to compete in the International Speech Contest, a member must:
1) Have completed six (6) speech projects in the Competent Communication manual or earned certificates of completion in Levels 1 and 2 of any path in the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience.
a) However, a charter member of a club chartered less than one (1) year before the club contest is permitted to compete without having completed this requirement. The club must have officially chartered before the Area contest.
b) Only members who joined Toastmasters prior to the rollout of Pathways in their region can apply speeches from the Competent Communication manual to speech contest eligibility.
Complete the Notification of Winners Form!
As soon as you know who your club’s representatives will be for the Area Contests, please complete this form and sent it to your area director.
Personally encourage members to help with a speech contest
If you would please encourage all club members to consider helping at a contest. They can complete this form to volunteer: https://forms.gle/UCsCHWn946w86T3A8.
Personally encourage members to be a judge
If would please encourage all club members to consider being a judge. To volunteer as a judge, they can complete this form at https://forms.gle/kDmmioQHUgsJ2bA16.
To be a chief judge, voting judge, or tiebreaking judge at a Toastmasters speech contest, you must meet all eligibility requirements identified below.
- At a club contest, be a paid member.
- At an Area, Division, or District contest:
- Be a paid member for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Have completed a minimum of six (6) speech projects in Competent Communication or earned certificates of completion in Levels 1 and 2 of any path in the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience.
- Only members who joined Toastmasters prior to the rollout of Pathways in their region can apply speeches from the Competent Communication manual to eligibility for judging.
- Be physically present at the contest for which you are serving.
We thank you in advance to these requests.
Questions? Email Sara Mayer, District Chief Judge at email@example.com
Your 2021-2022 District Contest Team
Chief Judge Sara Mayer, DTM
Contest Co-Manager Jill Kipnes
Contest Co-Manager Edna Saucke