Hello, fellow Toastmasters,
I am thrilled to see many clubs and members embrace our collective challenges as new opportunities to adapt, persevere, and grow! I am therefore super excited to announce a new club building incentive for your club!
#VirtualD3 Incentive for Clubs Holding Online/Virtual Meetings
Post a screen capture from your online meeting to the District 3 Facebook page tagged with #VirtualD3.
· District 3 will award a $25 Staples gift card to all clubs who participate! (Limit 1 per club.)
· Eligibility: Clubs in good standing (at least 8 paid members) as of March 13, 2020
· Deadline: Promotion ends 11:59 pm on June 30, 2020
Resources for Organizing Online/Virtual Meetings
If your club is new to organizing and managing online meetings, here are some great resources to get started. Feel free to reach out to your district leadership team and other members with experience in this area. We are very fortunate; District 3 clubs and members have tons of valuable experience and insight to offer.
· It’s Time to Meet Online! article from Toastmasters magazine March 2020
· Webinar: How to Host Online Toastmasters Meetings by Lois Margolin, DTM, of District 47
· Tips for successful Online Club Meetings collaborative info from District 108 & District 95
· eCourse: Moving Meetings Online and Learning about Zoom courtesy of Coach Carole Online
· Virtual Toastmasters Meeting How-To by Katlyn Ewens of District 3
· Online Meeting Guidelines courtesy of District 122TC
Helpful and cost savings tip: various free online meeting platform accounts limit meeting duration time to 40 minutes. If your club cannot budget for a paid account without time limits, one option is to create two separate meeting links; join one for the first half of your meeting, then switch to the other for the second half of your meeting. You can create additional links if more time is needed.
For more information or questions, email CGD@aztoastmasters.org.
Talk Up Toastmasters Deadline March 31st
Club Tiers: 8-12 members, 13-19 members, 20+ members
· $100 Target card clubs placing 1st in each tier
· $ 75 Target card clubs placing 2nd in each tier
· $ 50 Target card clubs placing 3rd in each tier
· $ 25 Target card for ALL clubs adding 5 or more members
Email CGD@aztoastmasters.org for more information.
Open House Campaign – Try It Online!
District 3 will award a $100 Staples gift card to the first eleven (11) clubs to meet ALL of the challenge requirements (limit 1 per club). See the official flyer for rules.
· Eligibility: Clubs in good standing with fewer than 15 members as of Feb 1, 2020
· Deadline: All required documentation must be received by 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2020
· Contact: Send all required documentation via email to the Club Growth Director (CGD)
Participating clubs must create and widely distribute an invitation and flier (must be TI-brand compliant) to potential guests in advance of the meeting, organize an attractive meeting and agenda, maintain a guest roster, and succeed in having at least one of those guests eventually join the club before the challenge deadline. Submit your required materials to the Club Growth Director; email CGD@aztoastmasters.org for more information.
Spring Dues are Due – Deadline Extended to April 30th
Earn a $40 Office Depot gift card if your club renews 100% of club base by APRIL 30th! Club officers can submit payments for the next renewal period through Club Central. Email DUES@aztoastmasters.org for more information.
CALL FOR CONTENT!
Submit articles, photos or flyers for the district newsletter to email@example.com SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MARCH 31st!!
I am very proud of all the creative work everyone is putting in to stepping up and adapting to continue the growth and support for all our members and clubs.
YOU CAN DO IT, DISTRICT 3!