Mission Statements, Values, and Envisioned Future
- Toastmasters International’s purpose is defined in Article II: Purpose of the Articles of Incorporation of Toastmasters International. The purpose is further defined in Article I:
Purpose of the Bylaws of Toastmasters International. The purpose of the district is defined in Article II: Purposes of the District Administrative Bylaws. The purpose of the club is defined in Article I: Mission and Purposes of the Club Constitution.
- The mission statements, the value statement, and envisioned future in this policy succinctly express the function of each organizational unit. The statements are used in marketing and public relations, in leader manuals and training, and at meetings and events.
About District 3 Toastmasters
The mission of District 3 is to enhance the performance and extend the network of Arizona Clubs, thereby offering greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from the Toastmasters educational program by:
- Focusing on the critical success factors to meet the District’s educational and membership goals
- Ensuring that each Club effectively fulfills its responsibilities to its members
- Providing effective training and leadership development opportunities for Club and District officers
In 1938, District 3 was the first District organized beyond the borders of California. Back then, District 3 had only five clubs. Today, District 3 consists of the entire state of Arizona, except for Yuma. There are more than 200 Toastmasters clubs and more than 4000 members in the District. That number continues to grow daily. We have many “specialty” clubs… including Spanish-speaking, speaking professionally, speaking on live TV, fitness walkers, progressive dining, and more!
As an all-volunteer led organization, we offer a variety of practical leadership opportunities to our members both within and beyond the club experience from which they can grow and master their leadership skills. Some are elected roles, others appointed, but all members are encouraged to step up and volunteer to make a difference through service to our clubs and members.
Following are brief descriptions of the various levels within District 3: