2021-2022 Contests are Table Topics and International
Consider competing in the speech contests this season. They are a great way to stretch yourself and grow your speaking abilities. All members are eligible to participate in the Table Topics contest this year.
Club Contests are under way and Area contests will be starting soon. For contest dates and resources, go to https://aztoastmasters.org/contest/. Make sure you hold your club contest with enough time for your club to participate in your Area contest.
- Club contests may be virtual, in-person or hybrid. All Area, Division, and the District speech contest will be virtual this year.
- Each club in good standing is permitted to choose its contestant (a paid member) for the Area speech contest by whatever means the club desires; however, if a club contest is held, it must comply with the rules in the 2021-2022 Speech Contest Rulebook, and the contest result is final.
- Following your club contest or other selection method, please make sure you send the completed Notification of Contest Winner form to the next level, your Area Director. Also forward to your Area Director for each contestant, their Speaker’s Certification of Eligibility and Speech Contestant Profile.
If your club is considering holding a club contest, check out the contest training videos:
- “Speech Contest Judging” with Sara Mayer – Tips and suggestions on being a judge
- “Club Contest Training” with Sara Mayer – All about roles and setting up a contest
- Just added: “Contest Briefing” with Edna Saucke – All about contest guidelines
International Speech Contest
The International Speech Contest is the one contest that goes beyond the District level.
Members who meet the following eligibility requirements may participate in the International Speech Contest. In addition, to meeting eligibility requirements (paid member in a club in good standing), the member must:
- Have completed six (6) speech projects in the Competent Communication manual or earned certificates of completion in Levels 1 and 2 of any path in the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience.
- A charter member of a club chartered less than one (1) year before the club contest is permitted to compete without having completed this requirement. The club must have officially chartered before the Area contest.
- Only members who joined Toastmasters prior to the rollout of Pathways in their Region can apply speeches from the Competent Communication manual for speech contest eligibility. Our District’s rollout date is December 5, 2017.
- A contestant must maintain eligibility at all levels of any contest.
IMPORTANT: Please review the 2021-2022 Speech Contest Rulebook for complete eligibility and contest participation requirements. Black diamonds in the margins of the rulebook indicate changes in this year’s contest requirements.
We need Volunteers!
The Area Directors and Division Directors need your help! We are looking for volunteers to help with Area, Division and District Contests. We are currently seeking one (or more) members from each club to volunteer to help during this season. If you are interested in being a Judge, Functionary or Volunteer at a contest, learn more and sign up using the online forms below:
Chief Judge, Judge & Tie Breaker
For contest resources and the contest schedule, go to: https://aztoastmasters.org/contest/
Let’s have a great contest season!