Interested in becoming a member of the District 3 Speakers Bureau?
The district 3 speakers bureau is a select group of motivated and accomplished Toastmasters who are looking to further their speaking outside of Toastmasters in a variety of areas. The members will learn to reach a larger and more diverse audience, gain experience and get unbiased feedback on their presentations while advancing their speaking careers.
These outside speaking engagements provide opportunities to further develop professional-level public speaking skills while promoting the Toastmasters mission. This is your chance to get your message out to the community and grow your professional speaking portfolio.
The speaker’s bureau is for those Toastmasters in good standings that are looking to…
- Gain the tools to apply to become an accredited Toastmaster speaker.
- Expand your professional speaking career.
- Improve your presentation skills to speak to groups outside of Toastmasters.
- Learn how to get on more stages for civic, government, or professional organizations to teach or inspire.
- Learn how to start your professional speaking career.
- Improve professional speaking skills addressing non-Toastmaster audiences.
- Get promoted via the speaker profile website and social media.
- Access to professional videography and graphic design services.
- Learn to sell yourself and fine-tune your message at the training sessions.
- Gain experience to become an accredited or professional speaker.
- Gain professional exposure to business and community organizations.
- Get access to present at a variety of District 3 events and training sessions.
Speak in front of a variety of non-Toastmaster audiences and gain credibility in your field of expertise. Grow in your ability to inspire, inform and entertain your audience.
Spread the Word!
Your participation provides visibility for Toastmasters International and District 3 in the state of Arizona. You help spread the word about what a life-changing service the organization provides members in developing public speaking and leadership skills.
Those members that are either currently getting paid to speak, or those members looking to gain the tools needed to become a Toastmaster Accredited speaker. The bureau will provide quite a bit of training on how to get on stages, logistics and so much more. Great if you are looking to make money from being a presenter and building a nice business. Professional speakers will be offered any outside speaking engagements that are requested. If you are seeking the covenanted Toastmaster Accredited speaker title, the speaker’s bureau will assist you in holding you accountable to achieve all the Toastmaster qualifications.
Qualifications: Must have completed at least the first 3 levels of any path (or equivalent). Be an active member in good standing (all your dues are paid, and you are active in your club). Present in front of the other bureau members for 20-minutes with no notes. This cannot be a TM presentation, but either a new or existing presentation-you may be eligible to receive TM credit for the presentation. A panel of members will provide feedback and complete an evaluation before being a member.
Those members that are present for free or a gift-in-kind, or those members looking to present for local or national civic organizations, clubs (not TM), any public or private events. The bureau will provide quite a bit of training on how to get on stages, logistics and so much more. Great if you are looking to share your gift and present to educate, inspire, and motivate.
Qualifications: Must have completed at least the first 3 levels of any path (or equivalent). Be an active member in good standing (all your dues are paid, and you are active in your club). Present in front of the other members for 10-minutes with no notes. This may or may not be a TM presentation-you may be eligible to receive TM credit for the presentation. A panel of members will provide feedback and complete an evaluation before being a member.
Those members would like to learn how to get on stages, improve their presentation skills, and gain knowledge from the other members. The bureau will provide quite a bit of training on how to get on stages, logistics and so much more. Great if you don’t know where to start to become a paid presenter or would like to present to groups for free.
Qualifications: Must have completed any level of any path. Be an active member in good standing (all your dues are paid, and you are active in your club). Present in front of the other members for 5-minutes on why you want to be a member of the speaker’s bureau and what you want to gain from being a member. A panel of members will provide feedback and complete an evaluation before being a member. Attend other presentations outside of Toastmasters to gain the knowledge needed to become a professional speaker.
All active members of the speaker’s bureau will have a multitude of speaking opportunities.
- Monthly PQD training
- TLI, conference, and other D3 events
- CGD training
- Outside speaking requests
- The segment on the District 3 Podcast channel
- And, much more…
The meetings will consist of
- Tracking your individual speaking goals. This will not only help you achieve your goals but will help those around you learn and continue to be motivated. This piece will be critical for those working on being accredited. All members will have access to a Google Doc page.
- What do you need to have in place to be a professional or experienced speaker? One-sheet, speaker reel, marketing, intake forms, presentations, and more.
- Teaching all members how to get on stages, logistics, crafting a non-TM presentation, and so much more.
- Spotlight (Practice). Longer presentations are constructed a little differently than a 5–7-minute presentation. This will be a great testing area for those longer outside presentations. We are not allowing you to practice your club speeches, but full presentations.
- Social media and proofing. Learn and implement to tools needed for social proofing and building your speaking reference list. All members will be expected to promote one another to expand everyone’s speaking reach. By doing this it will help all the members achieve their goals much faster.
- Meetings will be held twice a month. Second and fourth Wednesday of every month from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.
- Attendance: All members to remain in good standing, must attend 75% of all Wednesday meetings. If you are presenting (outside of Toastmasters) that will count as being in attendance.
- Dress/appearance: We shouldn’t have to bring this up, but we are Toastmasters elevating ourselves and presentations – dress the part. If you are presenting, then your attire should reflect the nature of your presentation and the participants that you are going to be presenting to.
- Everyone must complete an application and media release form.
- Everyone must submit a professional headshot and bio.
- Everyone must create a few short videos that will be posted on the District 3 social media channels and can be used for your social proof.
- Promote other members and themselves on all their social media platforms.
- All members must be diligent in responding to all speaking opportunities. You may lose a wonderful speaking opportunity if you delay in getting back to who offered the opportunity.
- No notes allowed when presenting your introduction presentation. This is a club developing presenters at a higher level – no notes.