2018 Spring Conference
Registration: Online Conference Registration Expired at 11:59pm on Sunday, May 13th .
Onsite registration may still be possible by contacting Registration Chair, Michelle Laws, (MLaws43@ yahoo.com). NOTE: Meals may not be available after the Hotel is given the final meal count at 11am on Tuesday, May 15th.
Registration by Mail: Payment was due postmarked no later than May 13th.
Patricia Fripp is a presentation skills authority. In 1975, Fripp joined Cable Car Toastmasters Club in San Francisco. She was the second woman ever to deliver a keynote at an International Toastmasters convention and has been invited three more times since then.
For over 35 years, she has delighted audiences on five continents. Patricia is a Hall of Fame award-winning speaker, sales presentation skills trainer, in-demand executive speech coach, and online training expert. Meetings and Conventions magazine names her “One of the 10 most electrifying speakers in North America.” Kiplinger’s Personal Finance wrote that the sixth best way to invest in you is to learn presentation skills from Patricia Fripp.
Our Keynote Speaker, Patricia Fripp, executive presenter and trainer, will present:
Under the Magnifying Glass: Good to Great and a second interactive session, You Are the Star: Under the Magnifying Glass in Action.
In this entertaining, thought-provoking, and content-rich presentation, you will learn specific techniques that will guarantee that both you and your presentations are memorable for all the right reasons. In this presentation you will understand how to:
- Take your presentations from good to great
- Understand the number one secret of a great speech
- Emotionally connect to every audience
Expand your Communication, Leadership and Pathways Learning Experience skills by attending one of these three interesting sessions occurring simultaneously between 9:15am and 10:00am on Saturday, May 19th:
- The Legend of Leadership: A Manager’s Quest, facilitated by Steve Broe, Ph.D., DTM
- How does a manager become a true leader? This course will use video games as a metaphor to explore your unique quest for growth, purpose, fulfillment and advancement as you become a blazing leader.
- The Fundamentals of Adult Learning; Designing Interactive Training Sessions that Get Results, facilitated by Wanda Ganjehsani, CC
- Adults want engagement. They want to engage with the presenter, with each other and with the content. This course will share ideas for incorporating fundamental adult learning principles into the design of your course.
- Pathways: Navigating through Level 1, facilitated by Tim Noble, DTM
- Use one of 16 laptops provided or BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE for this session.
- Pathways Guides and Ambassadors will assist you as the facilitator leads the group in hands-on experience navigating through the Pathways website. Participants will also be able to receive follow-up virtual sessions and 1:1 support.
Communication and Leadership Speaker
The Communication and Leadership (C + L) award is the highest honor District 3 Toastmasters can bestow up a non-Toastmaster. It recognizes individuals within our communities who have demonstrated outstanding communication & leadership skills. Our C+L awardee, Jody McPhearson, is a Professional Development and Leadership Speaker, and is the founder of Three C’s Youth Project. Jody will be the featured speaker during the Hall of Fame Luncheon on Saturday, May 19th at 11:20am.
Leadership Breakfast Speaker
Rebecca Van Fleet, ACS, ALB, invites you to Ignite the Flame Within: Each of us is filled with tinder waiting to be kindled, inflamed, and illuminated. Be the leader, be the speaker who ignites the fire within our members! Don’t miss this inspirational Leadership opportunity on Sunday, May 20th from 9:00am – 10:00am.
Volunteers are needed for multiple roles including Presenters, Contest Functionaries, etc. For more information, contact Catherine Norman, Spring Conference Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Ongaga at email@example.com
Sponsorship and Donation Form!
NEXT STEPS – ONLINE: It’s as easy as 1-2-3! (1) Download the Sponsorship and Donation Form and Agreement, (2) Complete the Sponsorship Donation Agreement and the Terms and Conditions on pages three and four (3) Go to District Conference Advertising to place your ad. Simply pay online and attach your print-ready ad and Sponsorship Donation Agreement, and Terms and Conditions or email to .gro.1529900767srets1529900767amtsa1529900767otza@1529900767gnisi1529900767trevd1529900767a1529900767
NEXT STEPS – PAPER FORM: It’s as easy as 1-2-3! (1) Download the Sponsorship and Donation Form and Agreement, (2) Complete the Sponsorship Donation Agreement and the Terms and Conditions on pages three and four (print pages three and four); and (3) Enclose a check and mail it to:
District 3 Toastmasters c/o Enid Moore-Cranshaw, District 3 District Director
P.O. Box 61114 Phoenix, AZ 85082
Our conference will be held at the Sheraton Crescent; registration and details link below.
- Sponsorship Opportunity
- Club Promotional Opportunity
- Keynote Speaker – Patricia Fripp
- Education Session(s) – Attend 1 of Three Choices during this Timeslot
- Special Interactive Education Opportunity: Patricia Fripp
- C&L Presenter
- Leadership Breakfast
- Other Presenter(s)
- Recognition Presentation(s)
- Call for Speakers (deadline expired)
Our conference will be held at the Sheraton Crescent; details below.